Star-presentation #1: Lana Del Rey

Good evening,

I've mentionned Lana Del Rey already when I reported you about the Liz Malraux fashion-show. That's where I discovered her firstly. I was absolutely amazed by her voice and her music.
When I started to check her out I noticed that she an unique icon in the music world as she has a very unique style what conerns her music and her style. You feel like being back to the 60s or 70s when you watch her videos and her classic but modern retro-style.

Her music is a mix of calming, relaxing 70-retro-pop and cool modern beats which fit to every fashion-show. The titles of her songs are as unusual and cool. She herself says about her music that it is the sound of the sea (as she spends lots of time with her friends in Cuba) and that's where her name comes from. In an interview with the fashion-magazine Vogue she said: "I wanted a name I could shape the music towards […]. I was going to Miami quite a lot at the time, speaking a lot of Spanish with my friends from Cuba – Lana Del Rey reminded us of the glamour of the seaside. It sounded gorgeous coming off the tip of the tongue."

The 27-year-old Elizabeth Woolridge Grant is a beautiful woman and a pure innspiration for me. My most favourite song by her is 'Off To The Races' check it out below:


Xoxo ♥ Johanna

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

You might also Fall4:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...